Is Adoption the Right Choice for Me?
- Am I able to provide financially, emotionally, and physically for my child?
- Will having another baby affect my ability to care for any children I already have?
- Am I ready to be a mother for the rest of my life?
- Will I have to depend on my parents or anyone else?
- Do I really feel ready to be a parent by myself?
- Will the people who say they will help me REALLY help in the long run?
Birth mothers often ask us how they can know for sure whether their decision to place a baby for adoption is the right choice to make. Such a normal question and perfectly health to wonder! It is normal to ask questions — or not! It is normal to feel overwhelmed and even feel sad or guilty — or not! Making an adoption plan for your baby might involve a loss and a sense of sorrow or it might invoke joy and satisfaction with your decision. Knowing your child is part of a stable, secure, and loving family can help give you peace of mind.
Adoption is a LOVING HEALTHY option.
Adoption Choices of New York is a private, licensed, local, non-profit adoption agency providing services, support, and counseling to expectant women who choose to place their baby for adoption. Facing an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy is extremely tough and overwhelming time. You are asking What do I do!? Who do I call!? What are my options!? Our professional, compassionate, experienced staff will help! We’re here to help you explore all your pregnancy options, including the choices adoption has to offer. You have the right to understand how adoption could affect you and to receive support, including counseling during and after your pregnancy.